Fall matriculation only, Fall Term Application Deadline is June 15, 2012
Kelley Connect Week (in-residence week): August 4-10, 2012The Master of Science in Finance program is designed for finance professionals who want to earn a graduate degree specialized in corporate finance from a top-ranked school while continuing their employment. A graduate of the program will have a working knowledge of the leading edge financial theories, concepts and analytical techniques used in managing a business in a global environment.
The mission of the MSF program is to provide a degree curriculum in a convenient online environment that will prepare the graduate to be an effective finance professional in an organization by providing the technical expertise to measure and manage the risks and returns of the financial policies of an organization as well as an understanding how these can be used to achieve an organization's strategic goals.
The MS in Finance degree program was designed with the following objectives:
- View the finance function as an integral part of and the way to implement the strategic objectives of an organization
- Focus on value creation as the out come of strategic decisions
- Understand how to measure and achieve the efficiency use of financial resources
- Provide the necessary concepts, tools and techniques to be able to evaluate the value creation opportunities available to the organization
- Gain a practical understanding of how risk and uncertainty can be managed to through the use of financial instruments
- Gain an increased knowledge of how financial securities or other transactions are valued in capital markets
- Understand how economic profit management incentives can foster a value creation focus
The degree awarded to students completing this program is a Master of Science from the Indiana University Kelley School of Business.
*All Students must earn a C or better in each course and at least a 2.75 GPA to graduate with the MSF degree